These handy one-page factsheets can be used as part of a range of educational activity
The Genomics Education Programme has developed a series of eight new factsheets for anyone new to genomics.
The factsheets are designed to accompany our Genomic Game as a handout for learners after the session, but can be used in any educational setting.
Eight genomics themes
Suitable for learners with little or no previous genomic knowledge, the factsheets highlight key facts about genomics and health, centred around eight themes:
- Sequencing the genome
- DNA, genes and chromosomes
- No such thing as a perfect genome
- Inheritance and genetic conditions
- Cancer and the genome
- Genomics in healthcare
- Family history and genomic medicine
- Data protection and storage