We have a vacancy for a talented Senior Education and Development Officer to join the programme team based in Birmingham
Do you have an interest in genetics/ genomics, and a passion for education? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a bright, capable and talented Senior Education & Development Officer to join Health Education England’s Genomics Education Programme.
Health Education England is the NHS engine that will deliver a better health and healthcare workforce for England. We are responsible for the education, training and personal development of every member of staff, and recruiting for values. We are England’s health and healthcare people service.
The aim of the Genomics Education Programme is to ensure NHS staff have the right knowledge, skills and experience in order for the health service to remain a world leader in genomic and precision medicine.
In this post, you will play a leading role in the planning, design and development of a wide range of educational resources and online courses for NHS staff. You will work closely with colleagues both within and outside of the Programme to ensure all educational resources developed support the learning and training needs of a range of professional groups. Your role will encompass the continuum of the education development cycle, from designing and conducting educational needs analysis to evaluating the effectiveness of the educational resources.
The ideal candidate will:
- have knowledge of genetics/genomics and/or biology;
- have experience of educational development and/or delivery in education and training;
- have experience of working with different professional groups;
- be a confident communicator, comfortable working with stakeholders and staff at all levels;
- be able to understand and summarise complex concepts and technologies; and
- have excellent project management skills.
The vacancy is a fixed-term post. Secondment and part time / flexible working will be considered.
Further details and a full job description can be downloaded from the HEE website.