During this course, you will develop an understanding of health informatics and the skills and tools needed by all professionals in modern healthcare systems to provide safe, secure, high-quality and effective patient-centred services.
Learn from leading experts in genomics about:
- The different approaches to mapping and aligning sequence data.
- How to use programming and scripting via command line and the Galaxy interface.
- Approaches for the detection of structural or copy number changes and for the analysis of epigenetic changes.
- Uses of clinical and health data and information.
- Information governance, including data and information quality, security and confidentiality.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of electronic patient records and the challenges they present.
- Understand the governance and data security problems surrounding the capture, use and sharing of such data.
- Know how to approach the mapping and alignment of genome sequence data.
- Understand how to use programming and scripting software.