During this course, you will explore how established health economic methods, especially economic evaluation, can predict the costs of new treatments and the potential benefits to patients, the NHS and the wider economy.
Learn from leading experts in genomics about:
- The significance of economic models in genomic medicine.
- Economic models and their effect on public health.
- Economic evaluation and analysing results.
- Decision-making and impact of genomics on healthcare systems.
By the end of this module the student should understand the importance of health economic approaches in genomic medicine and be able to:
- Critically evaluate the different types of economic evaluation used in genomic medicine.
- Explain how to collect health outcomes, non-health outcomes and cost data for an economic evaluation in genomic medicine.
- Interpret the results of an economic evaluation in genomic medicine.
- Describe how to carry out a budget impact analysis in genomic medicine.
- Discuss how healthcare leaders use health economic evidence when deciding how to prioritise interventions in genomic medicine.