During this module, you will apply the key principles of teaching, learning support and assessment, both in a micro-teaching session with fellow students and during a session in a healthcare or science setting. The module has been mapped against the Higher Education Academy’s UK professional standards framework for higher education.
Learn from leading experts in genomics about:
- Education theory and current research relating to teaching, supervising and assessment.
- Planning and delivery of large and small group teaching.
- Presentation skills for teaching.
- One-to-one teaching and supervision, and e-learning.
- Diversity among learners; approaches to supporting and developing effective learning in diverse groups.
- Evaluation of teaching.
- Principles of effective assessment of learning.
- Giving feedback to learners.
- Principles of curriculum design.
- How to develop professionally as a teacher.
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- Apply the key principles of effective teaching, learning support and assessment in your role as a healthcare and science educationalist.